Another school year is just about to begin. As a parent I am juggling my individual kids' food preferences ('cause they're all different), the family budget and trying to get most of the food groups in.
I hope these ideas help you to feed your kids this year!
1. Vegies and fruit- fresh and dried
2. Yoghurt and muesli, which can be kept cold in frozen Nude food containers. Nut boxes are also handy but keep nuts at home if your school is nut-free.
3. Grainy crackers, with homous or cheese.
4. Tuna with or without crackers or Messy Monkeys popcorn (see my November 2018 blog about healthy popcorn choices).
5. Leftover quiche, boiled eggs or baked beans for that filling protein hit.
6. Salads with leftover roast vegies, boiled eggs, or homemade sushi.
7. Rolls, wraps or bread (gluten free for those who can't have wheat) with meat and salad fillings.
We also do pizza muffins- English muffins with tomato paste, ham, pineapple and grilled cheese as leftovers travel well to school. Hot crossed buns are also for sale at the moment and freeze well.
Leanne is an experienced dietitian who is passionate about helping people eat well.