So, how should we eat?
- We should eat slowly- it takes 20 minutes for our brain to register that we are full. Eating slowly gives or brain time to catch up with our stomach. If we eat quickly we might not feel full and then over-eat, and then feel really full later!
- Try chewing 5 times before swallowing.
- Eat with cutlery not your fingers. We take smaller mouthfuls when we cut up our food with cutlery.
- Avoid distractions when eating so you can focus on your food. Switch off your phone and TV to eat.
- Sit down to eat and look at your food- what are the colours on your plate?
- What does your food smell like?
- Notice the texture of your food- is it crunchy or creamy?
- Taste your food- is it tangy? Spicy? Salty? Sweet?